1. Paint! It’s the most economical way to spruce up your space, give it a new look, and revive it’s youth! Stick with neutral earth tone colours that flow throughout the home, especially if your working with an open concept space.
2. Replace your hardware. Gold is out and stainless is in! Replace all door handles and kitchen cabinet hardware with simple sleek stainless knobs. To get the most bang for your buck you can find a variety of styles sold in bulk at most hardware stores.
3. Declutter, declutter, declutter! When it comes to accessories, gone are the days of nicknacks and trinkets . Replace a grouping of small nicknacks with one larger statement piece. Simplify your kitchen and bathroom(s) by limiting items left out on the counter tops.
4. Cover your naked windows. Simple window treatments such as roman blinds or side panel drapery will soften the space and add character to every room . Replace your old mini blinds with new faux wood blinds in white or espresso, and swap your dated vertical blinds for beautiful side panel drapes.
5. Light up your life! Provide a variety of lighting at different levels to ensure adequate light at all times of the day or night. A mix of table lamps, overhead fixtures, and pot lights or sconces will allow for different levels of light to accommodate every mood. Replace outdated light fixtures with with sleek simple fixtures. Go for chic hanging fixtures and chandeliers, instead of flush mount fixtures that fail to give off a sufficient amount of light.